- How to Report Elder Abuse in South Carolina August 9, 2019Trusting your loved one to the care of others is never easy. When a member of your family suffers elder abuse from another family member or from a caregiver, you must take action. Learning more about various types of abuse, the warning signs, and how to report abuse is essential to a proactive approach to […]hugheylf
- South Carolina Nursing Homes as Rated by ProPublica and Medicare July 4, 2019As the population ages, everyone is at greater risk for chronic illnesses or in need of specialized supervision. The number of South Carolina residents age 85 and older will increase 101 percent from 2012 to 2032. South Carolina has 190 nursing home facilities. Many of them do an excellent job of meeting the needs of […]hugheylf
- South Carolina Medicare Hospital Ratings July 3, 2019Choosing the best hospital for you is an important decision, but it can be difficult. Sometimes you simply go to the hospital closest to you, the one that specializes in your medical condition, the one that accepts your insurance, or the one your doctor recommends. Other times, in an emergency, you are unable to choose. […]hugheylf
- What Is Nursing Home Abuse? April 30, 2019When you move an elderly member of your family into a nursing home, you have a right to expect that the nursing home will provide adequate care. South Carolina’s Bill of Rights for Residents of Long-Term Care Facilities indicates that nursing home residents: Have the right to choose their personal physician; Must not suffer mental […]hugheylf
- What Is Nursing Home Neglect? April 18, 2019When a loved one is placed in a nursing home or assisted living facility, you assume they will receive at least a reasonable standard of care. You hope the nursing home can provide a better care environment for your loved one than they would have at home: quality medical services, a healthy diet, and a […]hugheylf
South Carolina hospital malpractice lawyers Nathan Hughey, Stuart Hudson, and Brad Banyas can help you with your claim
South Carolina Injury Law Blog — Hughey Injury Lawyers’ informative blog. We care and we can help you! Please check it out and share what you like on your social networks. Most of our business is word of mouth. “A recommendation is our greatest compliment.”Thank..
Prescription misfill? Let us help.
“A referral is our greatest compliment.” Free consults. Over $125 MILLION+ in verdicts and settlements. Top rated in legal ability and ethics. *Does not guarantee results. Each case must be evaluated on its own.
Over 125 MILLION DOLLARS in verdicts and settlements.* Hughey Law Firm handles #wrongfuldeath #accident #nursinghome #alf #abuse #neglect #auto #slipandfall #workerscomp and many other #sc #law cases. Top rated in ability and ethics. Client satisfaction award…
- Latest Arbitration News By Nathan Hughey March 4, 2016Attorney Nathan Hughey has handled numerous nursing home and assisted living arbitration matters recently, prevailing in three claims in late 2015 and early 2016.* Arbitration decisions have generally been favorable to Plaintiffs recently, meaning the tide appears to be turning. Four Circuits in 2016 Rule Against Arbitration Requirements By David Seligman In January and February, […]Nathan Hughey
- 5 Million Dollar Assisted Living Verdict November 24, 2015DETROIT — An Oakland County jury held an assisted-living facility liable for the death of a 90-year-old dementia-stricken resident after she swallowed dishwasher detergent left in an unsecured cabinet. Lawrence J. Buckfire, co-counsel for the estate, said he was pleased that the jury determined the decedent’s age was not a factor in awarding her estate […]Nathan Hughey
- Researcher Finds Understaffing, Poor Work Conditions Can Lead to Elder Abuse in Nursing Homes November 9, 2015Nathan Hughey handles nursing home abuse and neglect cases routinely. Carolyn Pickering is trying to figure out what causes elder abuse in nursing homes. She’s going straight to the source and asking certified nurse aides what they think the problems are. “It’s not one problem per say, but I think if we’ve learned one thing it’s that worker safety […]Nathan Hughey
- SC Nursing Home Citations by Facility October 20, 2015[embeddoc url=”http://nursinghomeattorneysc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SCnursinghomecitations.xlsx” viewer=”microsoft”]Nathan Hughey
- Are There Different Types Of Alzheimer’s Disease? October 5, 2015Interesting Forbes article: Are There Different Types Of Alzheimer’s Disease? Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Nathan HugheyNathan Hughey