Construction Defect Lawyers
Your home is likely the largest investment you will ever make. The persons involved in planning, building, and selling you the home owe you certain duties under South Carolina's construction laws. The architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, and product manufacturers may owe you for your losses as a result of their mistakes. The team at Hughey Law Firm can aggressively pursue recovery for you in these matters. We have previously defended large insurance carriers in construction defect litigation and can now put that experience to work for you. We will put together the necessary team of experts for forensic and cost reports, and will show the carriers that we mean business.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation of Your Claim
If your home or project suffered damages due to defective products, negligent design, or poor workmanship, our lawyers can help you with a lawsuit or a claim for construction defects involving:
- Foundations: causing structural failures, cracks, and weakened structural supports
- Drainage and waterproofing: resulting in flooded basements, damaged walls, weakened flooring and structural supports, and damaged electrical wiring
- Roofs and joists: causing water leaks, ventilation issues, and structural issues
- Water intrusion: causing mold and damage to the structure or stucco
- Numerous other areas
Construction accidents and defects are often caused by defective construction materials and other product failures. Even if the work on the home was satisfactory, the structure may still be damaged because of negligently designed or manufactured construction materials. Our team represents homeowners in construction defect claims for houses because of:
- Defects in shingles: leading to leaking and poorly constructed roofs
- Defective plumbing systems: causing severe water damage
- Leaks in windows and doors
- Defects in floors: leading to rotten and degraded conditions
- Defects to outside surfaces of your home, such as siding, stucco, and fascia
- Problems associated with real and synthetic (EIFS) stucco
- Problems associated with Hardie Plank
You deserve compensation to pay for the damages to your home. Under theories of negligence, fraud, misrepresentation, or product liability, we can protect your rights under South Carolina's construction laws to collect damages for poor design, manufacturer negligence, builder and contractor negligence, and carelessness or negligence by other liable parties.
To learn how to collect money for damages caused by defective products or poor workmanship in an insurance claim for defective residential construction, contact us today.
Free Initial Consultation